10.26.2008

Home Sick

Some infection got me, and it got me good. Don't know if it's viral or bacterial. I'm pretty sure it didn't come from that crack ho i met on the way to work a few weeks ago. Cuz I don't mess with crack ho's anymore! But fi real -- it's not mono or the most common form of strep. It could be another strain of strep, maybe that test result will finally come in tomorrow. I took two throat swabs and a blood test last Wednesday. The first swab came right back negative for strep. The blood test (for mono and whatever) came back Friday morning negative for mono and CSC or some shit like that. The other swab is still out. Docs gave me a Z-Pack Friday. My third dose comes tonight. I think I'm getting better. Either my throat's better or my ear is worse. Even with the medicine, I'm doing all the natural crap -- gargling salt water, eating chicken noodle soup, and drinking tons of water. Today was the first day that none of those things burned my throat. Yesssssss!

2 comments:

  1. To Houston's best TV news anchor--we wish you the speediest of recoveries from whatever bug has got you down. Houston's mornings don't start out right without the full Channel 2 team!

    ReplyDelete