2.18.2009

Bad Commercials

A few disclaimers:

a) I watch too much CNBC.
2) I pay way too much attention to commercials in general (I know I'm not the only one).
d) I spent a lot of time figuring out how to grab this flash file and post it on my blog.

Check out the first two commercials below from "Interactive Brokers." I see them on CNBC multiple times a day. First of all, the acting is awful. The script is so wordy it even confuses folks who are fluent in 'business-ese.' But what's really funny is how both characters need reading glasses!! I guess you've got to be far-sighted to work in finance and sit at a computer. Is that supposed to make the actors seem more believable? More experienced? Perhaps old people and bifocals go together like Treasury and bailouts. I'm sure there's a 'blind leading the blind' joke here somewhere, given out economic situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment